April 25 @ 5:30 am - 7:00 pm
Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders “who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations” and “the contribution and suffering of all those who have served”.
The following services are being held in the Richmond Valley:
- Casino – Dawn Service begins at 5:30am at the Mafeking Lamp and Day Service begins at 10am on Walker Street.
- Broadwater – 5:45am at the Rileys Hill Broadwater Hall
- Coraki – Day service at 9:45am at the Coraki Hotel.
- Evans Head – Dawn Service begins at 5:45am at the Memorial Gardens and Day Service begins at 10am on Park Street to Woodburn – Evans Head RSL Club.
- Rappville – Dawn Service begins at 5:45am on Nandabah Street and Day Service at 10:30am.
- Woodburn — Day Service begins at 10am at Woodburn Riverside Park
If you wish to participate from home Light Up The Dawn is encouraged across Australia.
Light Up the Dawn was an idea which originated within the Australian community. The RSL supported and promoted the idea across Australia in a year of great challenge and change.
As the sun peeked above the horizon, the country stood united – in uniforms or pyjamas, wearing medals, poppies and sprigs of rosemary – to let Australia’s veterans know that their service and sacrifice will never be forgotten.
Show your support and bring your community together this Anzac Day by encouraging neighbours to help you Light Up the Dawn in your street.